Senior Electrical Engineer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
- Performs project planning and manages project resources, including multiple individuals and disciplines, to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical scientific methods.
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications.
- Translates design agency concepts into production items by coordinating the activities of engineering, quality, manufacturing, and related organizations.
- Estimates set-up times, flow times, costs of production and acceptance equipment, and compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations monitors performance and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
- Defines and recommends new designs, design changes, and alternate designs of instruments, and test equipment, and orders tooling, gaging, and equipment necessary to assure product quality.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability/inspectability.
- Originates refines, and releases complex manufacturing or inspection work directions.
- Determines acceptability of processes and materials in conjunction with customers, design agency and other affected organizations.
- Interacts with customers, design agency and/or supplier counterparts to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues.
- Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing, inspection, and design problems.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
- Responsible for work that may involve longer range and/or complex business objectives in the field of expertise.
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flow time, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety.
- Performs highly complex calibration and measurement services, recommends changes in calibration procedures to improve services, and solves special measurement problems.
- Leads, trains and mentors Engineer I and II on various test processes and procedures.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Assist product and process certification
20 Ensure project and product compliance
20 Consult with Vendors and Suppliers
20 Suggest enhancements to advance projects
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or approved technical field and 7+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance
- Direct/measurable experience in the following areas of test engineering: Test system design, validation, and deployment, with an emphasis on High Voltage, High Power design
- Project planning/lead of multiple individuals and disciplines to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Technical consultation to management and others in high visibility tester developments
- Generation of test documentation
- Performance of verification and validation testing of automated testers
- Use of advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
- Communication skills and customers/design agency interaction to solve complex problems
- Methodology and technology innovations that are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems.
- Experience with highly complex calibration and measurement systems/services
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req173000
- Category: Engineering
- Location: PO Box 5250, Albuquerque, NM 87185-5250 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.