Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you
become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers
who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we
fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and
even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just
about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to
dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Senior Director of Learning and Enablement (L&E), reporting into the VP of Customer Experience (CX), is holistically responsible for global product and solutions training for both customers and HBT employees across all functions (marketing, sales, product, customer service, technical support, etc.) The incumbent in this role, which will be based in Atlanta, will responsible for developing a monetization and recurring revenue L&E strategy for HBT customers. By extension, this means the incumbent will be a P&L owner, responsible for developing a compelling offering for all GBEs. To drive efficiencies, a holistic content creation strategy, that can be leveraged for both customers and employees must also be created. Success in the role will ultimately be defined by (a) revenue growth from customer training, (b) product adoption of customers, and (c) sufficient product and solution knowledge of employees.
Develop strategy, offering and monetization model for customer training across all brands and lines of business (30%)
· Create compelling customer training offerings to be marketed and sold to customers to drive loyalty and revenue.
· Specifically focus on creating a subscription based customer training program that provides great value for money
· Lead and strategically partner with key stakeholders including business unit GMs to define learning needs.
· Partner with Finance to ensure complete and accurate measurement for both training revenues and expenses
· Lead and deploy Customer Training Business Development specialists, who will be responsible for customer acquisition, revenue generation and customer success management alongside the HBT sales and service organizations.
Lead design of innovative training curriculum and content for both customer and employee enablement (20%)
· Develop a content strategy that addresses both performance support and competency.
· Ensure curriculum alignment to training strategy via robust needs identification, assessment, and learning interventions.
· Introduce Accelerated & Experiential learning initiatives as necessitated by business requirements
Coordinate the successful delivery of both customer and employee enablement across a variety of vehicles (35%)
· Leverage data and analytics to track customer and employee adoption, usage and consumption of learning offerings.
· Create and sustain a culture of continuous, self-directed learning in the organization
· Develop a robust evaluation framework for instructor led training sessions, leverage for continuous improvement
· Introduce and evolve instructional models/designs/concepts with curated content as a core component
· Ensure awareness, penetration and utilization of learning platforms by employees are commensurate with investments
· Create and share global training and workforce readiness dashboard/reports with key stakeholders
Build a World Class Learning & Enablement Team (15%)
· Create HBT training team through existing employees, augmented with external hires, aligned to the training strategy
· Set direction and provide oversight, coaching, management, and leadership for the team; including managing performance develop development plans
· Drive the adoption of 8 Honeywell Behaviors and HOS ways of working
· Mentor, motivate, and develop staff and serve as a resource to them to facilitate professional development
· Maintain peer relationships across HBT to facilitate effective knowledge sharing and avoid duplication of effort
Centralize and build out HBT training team across (a) offering management, (b) content creation and (c) training delivery and (d) learning effectiveness measurement and reporting
Experience & Educational Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of senior customer and employee training and development experience
· 5+ years of Experience leading a large globally disbursed team at a senior level
· Customer Training P&L experience is strongly preferred
· An ability to think strategically
· A commercial mindset and businesslike approach to training and development
· A capacity to make decisions in the face of ambiguity
· An ability to lead diverse groups
· An ability to lead through complexity and change
· Proven track record of delivering results in a matrixed environment
· Ability to work effectively in a cross functional environment
· Solid presentation and oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence
· Demonstrated ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
· Ability to foster good relationships, work independently and in collaboration with global team
Location:715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.