Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Engineer
Looking for an Engineer who will work in AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineer) department being a link between R&D, Sourcing, Production plants for all VE/CE projects.
Ensure the flawless introduction of VE (Value Engineering) and CE (Component Engineering) changes in the receiving plantsto address yield, quality and cost reduction opportunities across all product lines. Manage, coach and drive the local plant ME engineers, defining the most suitable production and testing equipment, respecting safety, quality and productivity criteria. Enhance DFM, DFSS, DFX methodologies, benchmark competitors.
- Responsible and accountable for driving VE/CE projects assigned,sustaining existing active products across the business asrequired to address minor customizations, component obsolescence, factory moves and related customer, field or manufacturing issues.
- Participates to VE/CE team ensuring the application of DFM, DFSS, DFX (Design for Manufacturability and Testability), and collaborative product development / transferring.
- Ensures complete collection of all the products specifications and requirements from R&D department needed to develop production and testing processes in the selected plant.
- Drives Make vs Buy analysis, Site selection, Capacity & Capabilities analysis.
- Drives, in collaboration with local plant resources (ME, Quality, HSE, Production, Maintenance): DFM, HSE risk assessment, PFMEA, SOS, Control plan, Proto build report, Process Capabilities and Gage R&R studies.
- Defines assembling and testing procedures for production, estimating manufacturing cost, capacity and capabilities required, and managing specification books for tooling / production equipment / testing equipment and any additional fixture respecting safety, quality, productivity and timing requirements.
- Drives designing, pre-acceptance and final acceptance of any new tooling / production equipment / testing equipment in collaboration with tooling/equipment supplier, local plant ME and Maintenance resources.
- Provides support to local ME members by coaching and managing the handover of all the information needed to drive locally performing production and testing processes.
- Provides Operations status for all the NPI projects directly managed, to have effective PAC review discussions, giving proactively feedback and inputs.
Collaborates to the overall capacity analysis tracking, OEE reporting, equipment capital planning and tracking (CapEx) and Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
20 Collaborate with various functional teams
20 Use analytical tools and theories
20 Participate in project teams
20 Issue identification and analysis
20 Prepare or update reports and documentation
YOU MUST HAVE
- Engineering degree required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Lean Manufacturing skills.
- Core Green Belt Certified, Lean Expert Certified preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of managing, supporting people.
- Excellent knowledge of coaching methodology.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to gain co-operation & commitment to activities required and with experience of developing and maintaining an effective network of business contacts in order to achieve goals /actions needed.
- Excellent planning & organising skills with experience of determining priorities, co-ordinating multiple activities meeting multiple timelines.
- Very good technical knowledge of the industrial processes and industrialization techniques (DFM, DFSS, process simplification, PY definition...).
- Very good electronics know-how.
- Very good testing equipment HW (analogic and digital) and SW knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge in root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Good knowledge of FMEA.
- Very Good PC skills and Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- PLC Programming SW process automation knowledge preferred.
- Fluent English.
- Flexibility to travel 50% of the time.
- Basic knowledge of the field's standards and specifications
- Computer literacy
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
- Capability of following guidelines and ensuring efficiency on tasks
- Application of basic engineering techniques to optimize manufacturing processes
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done
- Some relevant manufacturing engineering experience
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: req175759
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Turanka 1387/100, Brno, BM 62700 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.