Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Would you love to join a dynamic, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group? SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior level Industrial Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies such as AR and voice, coach and mentor other designers, and constructively partner across the business to advocate for design that enables user needs. We will count on you to help define both near-term tactical and long-term strategic designs by collaborating with offering management and engineering teams.
· Create and iteratively refine CAD files, renderings, physical models, and other artifacts that effectively communicate design intent to the cross-functional product team and customers.
· Incorporate research insights, UX best practices, business needs, and the Honeywell Design Language System in your designs.
· Develop and implement cohesive design strategies that span touchpoints across the life cycle of multiple products.
· Own the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
· Participate in generative and evaluative research activities. Plan and conduct workshops.
· Drive and maintain the quality of design and consistency of deliverables across the design group by defining standard templates and processes.
· Manage engagements with external design and development firms.
· Coach and mentor others.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design
· 5+ years’ experience designing physical products
· Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) at least 15% of your time
· Master’s degree in industrial design.
· Proficiency with design tools for 3D-CAD, rendering, and general visual asset creation (e.g., Creo, KeyShot and Adobe Creative Suite).
· Familiarity applying generative research techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, structured interviews, and surveys) and evaluative usability assessment techniques (e.g., SUS, heuristic evaluation, and time on task / error rate performance testing).
· Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
· Proficiency with basic model making
· Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
· Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Portfolio demonstrating innovative and complex design solutions in released products. Online or hardcopy formats are acceptable.
· An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
Location:300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA
HON User Experience Design Studios
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.