Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Would you love to join a dynamic, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group? SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior manager of user experience to lead a multidisciplinary team responsible for defining branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies such as AR and voice. You will be part of a global design team, and will workwith VPs and Directors across the business to help the organization understand and appropriately prioritize user research and design. We will count on you to define strategy, lead programs, represent design and user research to internal stakeholders and external customers, and of course to coach and mentor other designers. Ultimately, we will count on you to deliver outstanding experiences to our customers.
· Guide the design and ensure the quality of generative and evaluative research activities including contextual inquiries, structured interviews, surveys, competitor benchmarks, card sorts, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, SUS assessments, and summative usability studies.
· Ensure the design of products and product lines appropriately address research findings that have been documented through artifacts including personas, journey maps, outcome-based use cases, prototypes and models, information architecture frameworks, and usability test reports.
· Lead the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
· Develop and implement comprehensive research strategies to collect data across the life cycle of multiple related products.
· Plan and facilitate design workshops and UX training sessions with cross-functional stakeholders and customers.
· Drive and maintain the quality of research and consistency of deliverables across the research group by defining standard templates and processes.
· Manage engagements with external research and design firms.
· Coach and mentor others.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or related field.
· 10+ years’ experience performing UX research and design activities for hardware products and software applications.
· 5+ years’ owning the UX research and design activities for one or more projects
· 3+ years’ experience leading multidisciplinary, global teams
· Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) at least 20% of your time
· Master’s or PhD in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or industrial design.
· Proficiency with a range of UX research and design tools (e.g., Validately, Optimal Workshop, Morae, Miro, Survey Monkey, SPSS, SAS, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Creo, and KeyShot)
· Familiarity applying generative research techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, structured interviews, and surveys) and evaluative usability assessment techniques (e.g., SUS, heuristic evaluation, and time on task / error rate performance testing).
· Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
· Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
· Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Portfolio demonstrating creative and complex design solutions in released products. Online or hardcopy formats are acceptable.
· An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs
· A track record of creating intellectual property
Location:300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA
HON User Experience Design Studios
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.