Cyber Security Network Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell's Connected Enterprise [HCE]. You will partner with world class engineers and leaders to develop program cost, schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity.
HCE’s Industrial Cyber Security (ICS) team is seeking a Cyber Security Network Engineer for our Duluth, GA (Atlanta, GA) location.
This position will be physically located at the customer site in Tampa, FL for one year onsite. Once the year has expired and all contractual commitments have been met, the security engineer will rejoin the Honeywell Industrial Cyber Security (ICS) U.S. East Team providing security and network services associated with the industrial Process Control Networks, and networking products for Honeywell customers in the Oil and Gas; Hydrocarbon Processing; Power Generation; Pulp, Paper & Printing; Continuous Web Solutions; Petrochemicals; Life Sciences; and Metals, Minerals and Mining markets. Services provided include on-site consulting, trouble-shooting, network designs, implementation, and other related tasks as identified.
As a contributing member of this Industrial Security team, you'll take your proven experience and...
- Assume lead and/or support role in assigned projects insuring project delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Keep technically current with the HPS networking product/systems portfolio, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated network disciplines
- Keep technically current with the security requirements, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated disciplines
- Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support
- Respond to customer inquiries, questions and issues by diagnosing problems and providing the most appropriate technical solution in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain industrial safety awareness through the completion of pertinent safety certifications
Requires 60% - 70% travel following initial engagement
25 Industrial Network Security
25 Network Analysis & Design
25 Customer Interaction
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field such as Computer Science, Computer information systems, electronics -OR- in lieu of a degree, minimum 5 years of experience in industrial automation network systems engineering
- 5 years experience performing network troubleshooting, domain control/configurations & customer interface with technical writing required
- 5 years - CCNA Switching/Routing, and CISSP or GSEC Security certification(s) required
- 5 years Network Architectural Design Skills
- 5 years in-depth knowledge of the following: (Purdue Model, Industrial Cyber Security Standards and Policies, Creating Bill of Materials, Network Management and Monitoring, Wireless/Radio, Networks and Configuration Management, Anti-Virus Solutions)
- 5 yrs experience working with TCP/IP infrastructure devices, server based operating systems, network services at customer sites and networking principles and protocols including Ethernet, hubs, switches, VLAN, Frame Relay, Firewall, DMZ, VPN, IDS, Routers strongly preferred
- 5 yrs knowledge of IT Security Technical regulations and requirements
- 5 yrs excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex network and application or system integration issues
- Experience in industrial automation network systems engineering working with TCP/IP infrastructure devices with server based operating systems (SMTP, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SSH, SSL) & performing network services at customer sites (plants, refineries, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT Security Technical regulations and requirements
- Specific experience in Cisco Routers, Switches, or Firewalls
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex network and application or system integration issues
- Experience in Network Security – Firewall, ACL, IDS, IPS
- Process Control system design/implementation
- Fault Tolerant Ethernet (Honeywell product)
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD49535
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33764 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.