Honeywell Intelligrated has a mechanical engineer position available at our field office in Woodridge, IL. Intelligrated offers a rewarding career path, competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Our mechanical project engineers perform a variety of vital mechanical engineering work involving the planning, configuring and execution of conveyor system projects for large distribution centers. The ME's are responsible for the technical quality and effectiveness of the mechanical design. Typical duties include:
· Creates and verifies layout, detail, air, load, structural drawings, schematics and equipment orders as applicable to the project.
· Plans equipment layout, material flow, and measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of resources and equipment on projects as assigned
· Works with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of material handling equipment and solutions as required in support of project needs. Integrates findings and concepts into design recommendations on projects assigned.
· May potentially direct and coordinate building of prototypes. Confers with research and other engineers to clarify and resolve problems found during execution; prepares design modifications, as appropriate.
· Performs a variety of calculations (e.g to compute angles, weights, dimensions, etc) and prepares detailed multi-view drawings based on engineering data and standard references.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with some material handling
· Ability to work independently
· Willingness to learn new technologies
· An open, honest and team oriented personality
· Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
· Proficiency in AutoCAD
· Ability to travel 25% for project needs
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.