The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of the new Sustainable Technology Solutions (STS) business, where our mission is to develop and commercialize new technologies to meet the growing demand for sustainable solutions to the world’s rising energy needs. This is a fast-learning organization maximizing UOP and HPS technology leadership to test new ideas for commercial viability and quickly develop them into commercial scale offerings.
The Manufacturing Engineer Principle is a senior role within the Operations Group focused on developing the efficient manufacturing and assembly of discrete parts used in our new Energy Storage system. In this role, you will lead the effort to develop manufacturing plans that align with our business forecasts. These plans will have to scale quickly from early low volume to mass production of several unique and highly engineered parts to hit production cost targets. This will require a SIOP process that is based on annual operating and strategic plans considering demand, capacity, inventory and workforce planning, factory investment planning, and make vs buy decisions. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the business, design engineers, R&D specialists, internal / external fabrication sites.
• Support manufacturing objectives for cost, quality, on time delivery and safety.
• Develop and maintain the SIOP (sales, inventory, and planning) process with Product Management and Manufacturing leaders. Identify throughput constraints by performing capacity, simulation, what-if scenario analysis.
• Drive make vs buy analysis to decipher the best, immediate, and long-term approach
• Execute to the annual operating plan with a focus On-Time Delivery, Working Capital, Material Productivity, Product Costs and Supplier Management.
• Develop strategic plan for factory space, workforce, equipment and automation.
• Drive factory improvement project priorities by utilizing analytical tools.
• Support/Lead factory development through project justification, design and implementation.
• Manage global inventory of raw materials, work in process, sub-assemblies, and finished goods to support on-time delivery metrics while meeting working capital goals
• Coordinate factory capability needs for yield improvements and new technology.
• Support supply chain requirements for New Product Development projects Identify and participate in improvement projects to support constraint elimination.
• Ensure continuity of supply to support and achieve on-time delivery metrics to our customers
• Negotiate and contract key suppliers to ensure a competitive edge in the marketplace
• Oversee key suppliers ensure they achieve quality, delivery, and cost metrics that will allow us to serve our customers
• Develop discrete event simulation models of manufacturing cells and assembly lines
• Apply Six Sigma and Lean Principles to include the use of value stream maps, line balancing, and error proofing.
• Coordinate factory and process life-cycle optimization.
• Conduct continuous improvement for MRP and other ERP based systems for managing procurement, planning, and inventory management in line with achieving quality, delivery, and inventory goals
• Work with production teams to identify production constraints and evaluate possible solutions to lift them.
• Perform value-stream analysis through modeling and simulation.
• Optimize process design and plant layout by analyzing throughput capabilities, bottlenecks, and buffer sizing, material routing.
• Aggregate and incorporate key production metrics including downtime and yield from various process owners and exercise the model to suggest improvements.
• Incorporate statistical variation, uncertainty and impact of unplanned events to overall production output.
• Evaluate supply chain abilities to support ad-hoc or un-forecasted demand changes.
• Develop a visualization framework to collect both high level factory operation and detailed subsystem operation to generate concise, clear, and easily communicated analyses for stakeholders.
• Contribute to Daily Management, Monthly Business Reviews, and Strategy
• Develop and implement capacity modeling at all sites.
• Represent sites as an active member in the IH&S Strategic Sourcing Team
• Select suppliers through robust supplier selection process and deploy risk mitigation
You Must Have
•Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Operations
•Minimum 5+ years of progressive global sourcing experience with specific experience in leading discrete manufacturing scale up efforts.
•Several years of experience in a leadership role (global procurement background preferred)
•Strong knowledge of MRP systems (material requirements planning)
•Ability to negotiate highly complex contracts
•Sharp interpersonal skills to lead, including savvy with influencing other team employees (especially those indirectly reporting into this position)
•Business acumen knowledge of current and emerging practices, methods, and information relating to subject area and application within the industry
•Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
•Strong management operating system that promotes communication
•Manufacturing process control and performance analysis
•Six Sigma principles
•Statistical Quality Control
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
•Experience applying Lean Manufacturing Principles (Process Improvement and methods optimization)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.