Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
An excellent career opportunity awaits as the Senior Procurement Director of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) within the UOP business located in Des Plaines, IL. This position will report to the PMT Chief Procurement Officer and matrix to the UOP ISC VP . This role will be responsible for $900M of global direct material & project spend. This position will also engage Capital CoE and Indirect CoE to provide end to end support for UOP business. The position will manage a global team located in across the North America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
This position will be a key member of the UOP Leadership team and will actively engage with UOP Leadership to develop and drive UOP’s long term Strategies and Annual Operating Plans. This position will provide strategic direction for UOP procurement in alignment with business requirements to increase competitiveness, drive growth and improve bottom-line.
The position will partner with the UOP leadership team to direct supplier qualification and development efforts and will have extensive knowledge of the contemporary procurement tools, practices and key items we buy. This includes chemicals capital and process equipment (rotating equipment, static, pipes and valves, and fabrication).
· Closely partner with business leadership to develop & deploy world-class procurement strategies for equipment, chemicals and services, by driving functional expertise and deep market and industry knowledge
· Lead global team, develop talent and expertise, build a strong succession plan for your direct leadership team as well as regional teams and build global procurement capability in chemical and equipment sourcing areas
· Develop long term strategies with robust execution plans to achieve annual operating plans to increase win rate, increase margins, improve cashflow, reduce working capital and reduce risk for Honeywell
· Drive material productivity and improving working capital through improve pay term and smart milestones; Ensure projects are executing per schedule and at/ below budget costs
· Deploy category teams to drive standardization, modularization, value engineering, and single source elimination
· Secure raw materials for Catalysts, Adsorbents & Specialty Materials (CAS) based on short term/ long terms plans while driving competitive cost and increasing spread to market. Negotiate and secure global, single and multi-year chemical and materials supply agreements
· Collaborate with Supply Chain on medium/ long range planning to improve supply of material
· Deploy operational excellence tools and process including supplier look ahead to drive 95% supplier OTTR
40 Lead and provide strategic direction to 55 member global procurement team to manage all aspects of a
25 Work on building long term supplier, commodity and market strategies to position UOP in competitive
10 Be an integral part of the business leadership team. Contribute to overall business strategy & tact
25 Execute appropriate level of measuring, monitoring, reporting of Key Performance Indicators
YOU MUST HAVE
· 10+ years of global procurement experience and/or petroleum, gas & petrochemical industry experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required
· MBA Degree/ Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
· Prior experience in the projects side of the oil & gas industry
· Skilled in influencing, persuasion, negotiation, and problem resolution
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading a global organization
· Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing sourcing strategic plans
· Skilled negotiator with fluency in contracts and pricing issues
· Business acumen to align sourcing initiatives to financial goals and customer needs and expectations
· A high degree of travel both domestically and internationally will be required, 50%
· Known and respected by the industrial and supplier community
· Experience directing procurement on a megaproject is a plus
· Experience in contracting strategies, cost plus, formula pass thru
· Change Order and dispute management and resolution
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.