Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Senior Field Service Engineer
Covering North West
Honeywell Home and Building Technologies helps homeowners stay connected and in control of home comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification. We help building owners and occupants ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our products and technologies are installed in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
The Engineer will be responsible for onsite delivery of all aspects of contract obligations including;
• Routine Service duties
• Project engineering, Design & commissioning
• Condition based & PPM maintenance
• System improvements
• Fault finding and system analysis
• Documentation & administration
• Call out response
• Small works quotes
• Energy advice
• Customer liaison
Purpose of the role
• Undertake Trend BMS maintenance support at customer sites, analyse & resolve engineering problems and carry out the site service requirements.
• Undertake Trend BMS design and commissioning for small works and large projects.
• Represent Trend by providing excellent customer service and high quality engineering support.
• Respond to customer requests for support or advice ensuring effective resolution of customer requirements or referring as appropriate.
• Develop, maintain and improve relationships with the customer by providing expert advice and acting as a specialist resource.
• To work within a team of engineers to maintain and improve, productivity and efficiency whilst developing in a stable team based environment
• To seek and action all commercial opportunities through the issue of Small Works quotes
Key Result areas:
• Engineering solutions
• Fault finding and problem solving ability
• Low customer service/maintenance backlog and due visits
• Efficient & Effective On Demand, call out /Commissioning resource activity
• Commercial aptitude for customer development
• Excellent customer satisfaction feedback
Drive the development of on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems. You will provide technical presentations to an audience of customers, other industry peers and competitors. You will drive revision and correction of work instructions and customer-facing training guides used by field installation specialists. You will drive continuous improvement initiatives in the processes related to field services and product development. You will lead cross-functional groups to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment. You will act as an escalation point for Field Service Specialists, Service Engineers, and other stakeholders.
Be the face of Honeywell to with end-users, peers, and competitors in a conference setting
Use knowledge of Honeywell end-to-end product and solution development and delivery to drive increased efficiencies
Use technical expertise of complex Honeywell solutions/product offerings to enhance customer experience
25 Educate customer and field technicians
25 Validate customer request
25 Write documentation used by field technicians
25 Ensure Right and Fast Delivery
• Highly technically competent engineer
• Organised and reliable with professional outlook
• Willing to take ownership of customer relationships
• Committed to resolving of customer queries, concerns & problems
• Able to work mobile and out of hours when required
• Confident communication skills
• Trend experience and qualifications are desirable, however, Siemens, Satchwell, Honeywell., Tridium, Cyclon, BAS2800, TAC, Johnson Controls etc will be considered.
• Displays an in depth understanding of electrical control panels (i.e. the ability to read wiring diagrams and carry out minor modifications if required).
• Electrical knowledge to a competent standard (ideally City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent)
• Can demonstrate a level of understanding of typical HVAC & mechanical plant operations (i.e. an understanding of VT & CT circuits, AHU's etc).
• Experience of and competent understanding of HVAC systems.
• Experience of pre-commissioning of controls (i.e. point to point checks.)
•Capable and competent to design, configure & fault find on high-level network topologies (i.e. LON, TCPIP, fibre optic networks, RS485 etc.)
•Capable of designing, configuring communications and fault finding third party equipment devices with Trend products (Metering, Chillers BACnet & MODBUS etc)
• Confident with IT systems, network architecture and software programming.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.