Field Service Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Contribute to the growth of the Honeywell Process Solutions Service business by providing external customers and internal Honeywell project engineers and sales people with accurate and efficient technical support, systems maintenance and service on Honeywell Process Solutions systems. Responsible for the customer relationship of assigned maintenance contracts.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Develop sound and honest relationships with internal and external designated customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support.
- Respond to customer inquiries by diagnosing the issue and providing the most appropriate technical solution.
- Keep technically current with the broad HPS AMS product/systems portfolio, while maintaining expert knowledge on HPS systems. Understand legacy systems/upgrades and use all new systems/products.
- Provide service solutions to both legacy and new systems, as appropriate.
- Maintain customer database by logging each call and support provided;
- Provide assigned Account manager with periodic updates on customer activities and issues, so that the Account Managers interface effectively with the customer using current information.
- Maintain a “follow-up” system with customers to ensure that the technical advice provided was effective.
- Respond to customer questions, issues, and inquiries with accuracy and timeliness. Summarizing discussions, meetings and issues effectively.
- Work effectively with the variety of technical, training, and customer assistance groups within Honeywell to provide customers with the most effective solutions.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of the Honeywell portfolio
- Be part of different projects for hardware and software upgrades, system modifications and additions , both on-line and off-line
- Participate in control system service projects during Engineering, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and commissioning phases as required
- Provide special / custom training to customers upon request
Ensure customer satisfaction, process up-time and system performance
25 Validate customer request
25 Educate customer and field technicians
25 Write documentation used by field technicians
25 Ensure Right and Fast Delivery
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
Key Industrial / Technical Knowledge / Expertise
- Keeping pace with new product development, while at the same time maintaining expertise in the old systems, and in the interfaces/upgrades between the old and new systems.
- Maintaining a highly satisfied customer base.
- Working and managing multiple issues at a time.
- Responding to the high volume of customer inquiries in an efficient and accurate manner.
ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS REQUIRED / SOUGHT
- High interest in technology and its evolution, hardware and software (IT)
- Team player
- Communication capabilities
- 24/24h on-call willingness
- Aware of personal qualities and limitations
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIRED / SOUGHT:
- Engineering degree in electronics, automation or process technologies.
- 4-6 Years experience in the system engineering, project execution, operations or maintenance functions within the industrial automation industry.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of various control techniques (regular, advanced, optimization, networks).
- Effective, honest communications capabilities (good written and verbal skills).
- Fluent Dutch and English, French will be a plus
- Customer Service orientation.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD50769
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: Hermes Plaza Hermeslaan, 1H, Diegem, VB 1831 BEL
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.