Industrial Cyber Security Engineer - Wireless & Wired Networks
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell's Connected Enterprise [HCE]. You will partner with world class engineers and leaders to develop program cost, schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity.
HCE's Industrial Cyber Security (ICS) team is seeking an experienced network engineer with a security background to provide support services associated with industrial Process Control Wireless Networks and infrastructure for Honeywell customers in the Oil and Gas; Hydrocarbon Processing; Power Generation; Pulp, Paper & Printing; Continuous Web Solutions; Petrochemicals; Life Sciences; and Metals, Minerals and Mining markets. Services provided include on site consulting, trouble-shooting, network designs, implementation, and other related tasks as identified.
As a contributing member of this key security team, you'll…
- Assume leadership and/or support role in assigned projects insuring project delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Keep technically current with the Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE) wireless and wired networking product/systems portfolio, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated wireless and wired network disciplines.
- Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support.
- Respond to customer inquiries, questions and issues by diagnosing problems and providing the most appropriate technical solution in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide recommendations for the utilization of tools and standard processes required to deliver “best in class” wireless network services.
- Maintain industrial safety awareness through the completion of pertinent safety certifications.
Requires 55% – 70% travel
25 WIFI & Wireless Network Security
25 Network Analysis & Design
25 Customer Interaction
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field such as Computer Science, Computer information systems, electronics -OR- a minimum of 5 years experience in industrial wireless and wired systems services or engineering.
- 5 years knowledge of IT Security Technical regulations and requirements
- CISCO Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA)
- 5 years excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex wireless network and application or system integration issues
- 5 years excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex wired network and application or system integration issues
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 pounds (22.7kg).
- Ability to climb caged ladders or stairs to heights in excess of 100 feet (30.5M)
- 5 years experience deploying wireless networks
- 2 years experience in conducting wireless site surveys including Spectrum Analyzer and Air Magnet Tools
- 5 years working with TCP/IP infrastructure devices
- 5 yrs LAN and wireless networking principles and protocols including Ethernet, hubs, switches, TCP/IP, VLAN, Firewall, DMZ, VPN, IDS, Routers, TCP/IP protocols – SMTP, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SSH, SSL
- 3 years experience with Cisco 155X Access Points, Routers, Switches, or Firewalls
- 3 years experience designing and optimizing complex wireless and wired environments using Visio
- 3 years ability to write technical documents
- 3 years in depth knowledge of the Purdue Model
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- 5+ years performing network services at industrial or commercial customer sites
- Familiarity with process control networks
- Experience providing services in industrial environment
- 5+ years working with server based operating systems
- CISCO Certified Network/Design/Security Professional
- Security Certifications
- CCNA Wireless Certification
- Experience in LAN architectures & related diagnostic tools
- Microsoft – Active Directory, DNS, Terminal Server
- Experience with anti-virus systems, backup & restore solutions
- Result oriented
- Confident – ability to work with minimal supervision
- Open minded- Integrative thinker
- Influences without authority
- Effective communicator
- Customer service orientated
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD49533
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste 100, Duluth, GA 30097 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.