The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell E&I, our premier team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop cutting-edge technology by leveraging their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as best-in-class environmental controls including, state-of-the-art low and ultra-low temperature cryogenics, electromagnetic environments, mechanical stability and analytics, as integrated systems with complex industrial controls.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Environment and Infrastructure team is looking for a highly qualified Cryogenic Mechanical Design Engineer for the design, build, and testing of unique cryogenic systems. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of cryogenic systems and the impact of environmental and manufacturing parameters on the performance of low-temperature systems and devices. Intimate knowledge of cryogenic systems and low temperature design techniques are critical, as is the ability to develop innovative approaches to advance the state-of-the-art, and ultimately yield highly manufacturable systems.
· Apply previous experience with low (4K) temperature devices to design and develop new systems with a focus on readiness for manufacturing
· Lead mechanical engineers in cryostat design and manufacturing
· Perform trade studies, write reports, write project proposals, create project cost estimates and assist with budgeting
· Support the design and development of integrated solutions with cryogenics being a key component
· Partner with Principal Investigator, Program Management and Project Engineer for project execution
· Work with and negotiate with customer, component suppliers, prototype and production manufacturing
· Design and fabricate cryogenic systems in support of laboratory experimentation and highly customizable system manufacturing
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ minimum years hands-on experience in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis on low temperature (4K) cryogenic development, analysis and Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
· 5+ years of demonstrated ability to design, analyze, and build complex cryogenic systems for custom environments:
o Wet and/or dry cryogenic systems
o Liquid helium cryogenic systems and sub-Kelvin systems
· U.S. citizenship required to obtain and maintain government security clearance
· Master’s degree
· Proven track record of integrating DFM methodologies into complex system designs to yield robust and cost-effective solutions,
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Demonstrated creativity in cryo-thermal engineering design and analysis
· Demonstrated experience with CAD modeling, simulation tools, analytical techniques and related fields (FEA, Creo or SolidWorks)
· Recent track record of leading the transition of new technology from development to manufacturing
· Ability to identify a technical development need and the resourcefulness to address the need through a combination of research, analysis and experimentation
· Capacity to embrace a culture of teamwork to overcome challenging design tasks while maintaining awareness of individual strengths and weaknesses
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.