Field Operations Health, Safety and Environment Director
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The HBS Americas Health, Safety and Environment Director will provide oversight for Canada, America & Latin America. A key responsibility will be providing HSE Field Operation expertise that assists the business in reducing & eliminating the operational HSE risks associated with the HBS business. Reporting to the HBT VP Health, Safety & Environment, you will develop & deliver the HBT/ HBS HSEPS strategic plan (STRAP) & Annual Operating Plan (AOP) whilst minimizing risks to ensure long term sustainability of the HBS business. You will be responsible for developing an HSE performance culture that will differentiate HBS from our competitors and expand Honeywell’s reputation.
As the HBS Americas Health, Safety & Environmental (HSEPS) Director your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead an HBS HSE Americas team to ensure we recruit, develop and retain the best HSE talent. The multi skilled team of HSEPS professionals will include a number of direct reports and a total team of around 20 HSEPS employees.
- Continually review & ensure the HSE organization is efficient, geographically deployed to manage risk and aligned to supporting the business needs.
- Develop & drive an HSE culture that values and promotes a safe working environment by enhancing the knowledge, skills and engagement of employees and sub-contractors.
- Continuously improve the management operating systems and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the HBS HSEPS programs.
- Monitor emerging HSEPS regulations that could impact the HBS operations, summarize the potential impacts, and identify actions required to respond to, or prepare for the identified impacts.
- Lead & assist in resolving potential non-compliance, enforcement actions or litigation regarding HSEPS matters.
- Advise management on HSE issues & solutions as they affect all aspects of HBS HSE.
- Ensure compliance to Honeywell corporate requirements and specific country legislation.
- Represent HBS HSE on the HBS Americas Leadership Team & the HBT HSEPS Global Leadership Team.
- Work with the Regional HSE Leaders to identify the necessary actions required to ensure certifications are in place to allow HBS the ‘license to operate’.
- Develop & deploy a robust governance & auditing program for HBS HSE.
- Assist in making HSE a competitive differentiator for Honeywell in the marketplace. Implements strategies and tactics for successful management of injury claims and costs reductions.
- Organizes regular claims reviews with insurance carrier to aggressively lower costs
- Partners with business leaders and employees to continuously improve the HSE culture, HSE awareness and accountability systems.
Achieve or exceed the annual operating plan (AOP) – Incident reduction / elimination.
- Increase HSE Maturity, observations & corrective action metrics.
- Increase compliance to HSE standards from management, employees, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure a continuous improvement environment towards HSE is embedded within HBS.
Ensure HSEPS is a key growth enabler to the HBS business.
20 Implements HSE&F standards
20 Provides technical assistance
20 Site compliance reviews
20 Strong MOS administration
20 HS&E stewardship
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in HSEPS or Engineering-related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading a Field Operations HSEPS team.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in delivering HSEPS services & demonstrating progressive leadership.
- Master's Degree.
Knowledge in HSEPS compliance, emerging regulations and trends.
Strong influencing skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with service, process, facilities maintenance, or construction industries.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD55168
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.