Sr Field Service Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Senior Field Service Engineer - TREND
Working within the Trend Advance field service team, the purpose of this position is to perform and carryout maintenance, testing, commissioning and fault finding across any type of Trend Building Energy Management system (BEMS) equipment, systems and subsystems from simple to moderately complex in nature. In addition, provide support and advice on plant issues and third party equipment.
- Undertake service visits at customer sites
- Carry out maintenance tasks on Trend systems
- Commission Trend software
- Fault find on Trend Equipment and associated plant (e.g. Able to fix faults on Trend networks. Able to fault find on typical HVAC control strategy such as VT circuits & AHU circuits)
- Carry out pre-commissioning of controls and control panels (i.e. point to point checks)
- Commission controls and control panels
- Configure Supervisor Graphics
- Complete Setup Trend Supervisor software
- Develop basic control strategy (VT, Boiler, CT, simple AHU and Chiller) to more complex designs (e.g. chilled beam control, VAV control etc.)
- Deliver identified energy opportunities
- Show coaching skills with less experienced colleagues.
- Connect and configure controllers on IP Networks
Customer Satisfaction Responsibilities
- Provide superior individual performance through excellent customer service
- Respond to customer requests for support or advice ensuring effective resolution of customer requirements or referring as appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and improve relationships with the customer by providing expert advice and acting as a specialist resource.
- Ensure delivery of value to Trend clients and customers.
- Identify & produce small works quotes and other commercial activity in line with HPD targets
- Identify and refer Trend sales opportunities to other Trend departments in order to maximize commercial opportunities
- Work within a team of engineers to maintain and improve productivity and efficiency whilst developing within a stable team based environment
- Report possible future failures, disturbances and other opportunities for improvement
- Achievement, measurement and reporting of performance indicators and site service objectives.
- Provide the required standard of paperwork / documentation and submit this in line with KPI’s (i.e. Site Reports, Small Works Quotes, Site Backups, any other information deemed necessary by the contract, etc.)
- Produce site specific Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks as per company policy and procedures.
- Report near misses, incidents and other opportunities for improvement.
Follow the Trend Method statements and Risk assessments, HSE and quality systems to facilitate the safe delivery of periodic maintenance services and project work.
25 Validate customer request
25 Ensure Right and Fast Delivery
25 Write documentation used by field technicians
25 Educate customer and field technicians
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Display an understanding of advanced HVAC & mechanical plant operations (i.e. Enthalpy Control, Free Cooling, Energy-Efficient Operation of HVAC Plant, VT & CT circuits, AHU’s etc)
- Display a good working knowledge of electrical control panels (i.e. the ability to read wiring diagrams and carry out minor modifications if required)
- Understand the current Trend core products (Controllers & peripherals)
- Experience servicing / installing Trend Controls
- NVQ Electrical or equivalent / IEE Regulations
- Can carry out pre-commissioning of controls (i.e. point to point checks.)
- Able to fault find and engineer simple BeMS networks (i.e. multi-LAN, networks involving IC Comms etc.)
- Can demonstrate basic computer operating skills (i.e. use of spreadsheets & word processing packages such as Microsoft Word or Excel etc).
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels, both inside and outside of the business
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer/Team Focus – “Can do attitude”
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Can demonstrate good customer facing skills.
- Committed to resolving customer queries, concerns & problems
- Strong commitment to safety and safe working environment.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Work as a motivated individual and as part of a wider team.
- Ideally a track record in identifying service sales opportunities.
- Offers support to other engineers when required
- Will work a reasonable amount of overtime if requested by an Engineering Team Leader or manager.
- Valid UK driver’s License.
- Participates in the call out rotas.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD51830
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: St Marks Court, Horsham, W SUSX GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.