The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to mechanical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will design products to meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, testing, and may serve a project manager role for smaller development projects. You will develop the product designs necessary to drive product improvement and will be integral in securing present and future business by consistently meeting or exceeding Voice of Customer requirements.
· Lead Requirements creation and trace matrix
· Oversee project Architecture and Concept designs
· Design Reviews
· User Instructions/Manuals
· Setup test benches and equipment
· Test/Product Debug
· Verification and Validation
· Customer Support
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· 2+ years of experience with ZeMax
· 2+ years of experience with MatLab, C++, or Python
· 2+ years of experience with thermal imaging sensors and equipment
· Masters degree in Engineering
· Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) operating system
· Experience with software development and validation; Familiarity with bitbucket
· Familiarity with gas detection industry and products is a plus
· Individuals who take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
· Individuals that assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations
· Effectively using data to make intelligent decisions
· Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complex tasks
· Experience writing and presenting test and analysis results for broad audience
· Some test engineering experience; Experience developing design verification and validation protocols and reports.
· Experience in new product introduction preferred; Experience with DFMEA generation a plus
· Ability to generate required documentation for technology transfer to manufacturing, including detailed drawings, assembly procedures, bills-of-material, etc.
· Experience with ATEX and CE certification; Experience with ISO compliance
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.