The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to mechanical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will design products to meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, testing, and may serve a project manager role for smaller development projects. You will develop the product designs necessary to drive product improvement and will be integral in securing present and future business by consistently meeting or exceeding Voice of Customer requirements.
· Stress Analysis
· Cost estimation
· CAD based modeling
· Engineering analysis
· Value Engineering
· Design engineering
· Product certification
· Product presentation
· Stress modeling
· Customer acceptance
· Design and specification of opto-mechanical components and assemblies
· Design and development of electro-optics systems packaging & Integration
· Ability to generate required documentation including detailed drawings, design reports, assembly procedures, bills-of-material, test procedures, etc.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· 5+ years experience with the use of CAD tools (ie SolidWorks, Creo)
· 2+ years experience and good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (ASME Y14.5-2009)
· Masters degree in Engineering
· Experience with Zemax or other optical design tool
· Industrial design talent
· Ability to work independently
· Willingness to learn new technologies
· Mechanical Engineering degree
· Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
· Experience in new product introduction preferred
· Some experience in sustaining existing products
· Some experience in a highly regulated and safety critical domain
· Good knowledge of mechanical industry
· Experience with thermal/structural modeling and simulations (FEA, ANSYS)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.