Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
• Manage single (big) or multiple (small) projects within a GBE / LOB.
• Develops detailed project schedules and tracks them very closely by working with delivery teams.
• Should be well versed with six phases of NPI, Wall to Wall Project Management, Agile Project Management.
• Directs and assists in development and execution of action/ project plans to ensure that risks are mitigated and opportunities are realized in a timely manner
• Supports/Reports on the project status and decision points to the PMO / Lead Program Manager/ steering committees and obtains the approvals and decisions as required by the NPI execution plan.
• Directs and manages the process of scope definition and change control, including estimating and negotiations of project contract/scope variations (change of requirements).
• Prioritizes key issues, and takes quick appropriate action with minimal support to resolve prior to project impact.
• Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure handing over the betas to the customer and launching the product on time, on cost and on quality.
• Manages projects to meet or exceed applicable Honeywell QA goals.
• Establishes professional relationships with product managers and other functional managers to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
• Quickly assesses unclear, complex, and ambiguous situations with minimal support and reduces into distinct, clear, timely, and stable direction for the development team
• Works directly with business functions for NPI execution, ensures their engagement and commitments to the program plan are obtained, led, tracked to achieve the results and deliverables required for successful delivery of the CTQs.
• Ability to understand business and prioritizing the projects within the pipeline for maximum gains.
• Identify ideas / opportunities for improving the cycle time of NPI projects
• Recognize potential new products and works primarily with Honeywell staff, customers, potential partners and suppliers to influence business decisions.
• Contribute to NPI revenue and engage with Regional customers by working with Regional Marketing team
• Influence portfolio management to maximize business impact
• Develop Value Add Capture model and Customer Defined Value through Competitive Tear down and Bench Mark analysis
• Drive Risk identification and Mitigation in the project in a timely manner
40 Project Management
• Demonstrate ownership from conceptualization, end-to-end design, production implementation and successful product launch
• Responsible for phase gate deliverables as per PAC process
• Participate in Annual Operating Plan (AOP), CAPEX investments for every year
• Responsible for Front Loading the projects to reduce project risks and improve cycle time
• Provide direction, guidance and facilitation to the teams for resolving project risks
• Responsible for resource planning, leveling, allocation and productivity of resources
•During program and project planning, sets objectives and prioritizes activities across work group in accordance with established schedules.
•Proven track record for delivering projects
•Aligns group's objectives and re-prioritizes resources based on budget availability to meet deliverables on time.
•Assigns work and objectives to specific functions within the work group in order to balance demand with available resources.
•Recommend the right individuals for the work and provide direction for formation of teams
•Determines and assesses need for additional staff and makes the appropriate request for recruitments (to hiring manager) if necessary during project cycle.
•Leads, influences and motivates others, provides direction, removes barriers. Leads high impact teams.
•Is effectively able to resolve conflicts within and across teams to achieve set objectives.
•Takes intelligent risks and allows / enables the reports to take individual and collective decisions and help them grow.
•Ability to understand the organizational priorities and drive systemic improvement.
•Capable of translating organizational initiatives to individual NPI team members.
• Serves as a resource for process/project information.
•Capable of clearly communicating and providing the necessary updates to partners/ end customers.
•Is able to influence key stakeholders in order to achieve business objectives.
•Is able to work with others, listen to others inputs, and have two way communications.
•To have thought leadership and ability to effectively articulate the communication.
Ø Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience and minimum of 12 years of experience
Ø People management exposure (indirect, for NPI team)
Ø Excellent focus on execution, should ensure responsiveness to customers, team and management
Ø Textile and/or Garment engineering exposure is preferable
Must be a good communicator of vision, ideas and work requirements
ØPeople management exposure (indirect, for NPI team)ØExcellent focus on execution, should ensure responsiveness to customers, team and managementØTextile and/or Garment engineering exposure is preferableMust be a good communicator of vision, ideas and work requirements
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.