Technology SpecialistDeliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell _______ [Aerospace, Automation Control Solutions, Performance Materials Technology, etc.] You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for
Front end Java
Back end Java
Sr Advanced Software Engineer/ Tech Specialist
Location: Hyderabad, India
Experience: 9+ Years
Honeywell is building a smarter, safer, and more sustainable world.
That’s the Power of Connected. That’s the Power of Honeywell.
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’s lives better every day. Chances are that there are Honeywell products all around you right now!
Honeywell is uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support critically connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
Honeywell is rapidly transforming into a Software Industrial company and we are developing and launching a comprehensive roadmap of critically connected industry-specific solutions that will generate an increasingly significant multi-Billion-dollar portion of the company’s revenue in the next 5 years. Over half of our engineers globally are developing software to augment our extensive and fast growing Connected technology and services portfolio using the Honeywell Sentience™ platform.
The position of Sr Software Engineer is responsible for working with Honeywell Software Engineering teams in an Agile environment to coordinate design, develop (writing code), test (UTs, AATs), install, manage and/or maintain our services that are deployed in different cloud platforms.
· Solving complex and difficult integrations using code and scripting
· Using Voice of the Customer input to remove pain points and streamline development processes
· Debugging of integration and production issues and generating creative solutions
· Comprehend the problem in hand by discussing with the stake holders and come up with solutions
· Own the design, development, testing and delivery of features which contributes to the larger system.
· Improve speed to market and application quality by utilizing design, coding and testing best practices.
· Follow and evangelize enterprise standards to ensure high quality automated environment.
· Be a technologist that supports other team members to adopting and implementing technology to improve the application.
You Must Have
· BTech/BE in Computer Science/Engineering
· Proficiency in Java ((+ years)
ProficiencyJava, J2EE, PL SQL, Database programing, Server-Side Developmentand Python(7-9 years)
· Experience working in an agile environment with full stack teams. (3-5 years)
· Experience in web development using Spring boot & JSP.
· Familiarity in Azure, Big Data Tools is an added advantage
· Experience working in a fast-paced technology environment focused on delivering a world class web application with an agile methodology utilizing latest technology frameworks. (3-5 years)
· Solid understanding of release strategies that minimize or eliminate application downtime
· Technologist that keeps up on the latest technology, best practices and continues to learn and apply those learning's to the Honeywell environment
· Team player that puts team first, willing to make the difficult decision and have the difficult conversation while providing clear technical recommendations to leadership that is best for the long term.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships across disciplines and across the organization
Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Good knowledge in SOLID design principles and design patterns.
· Experience in design, development and testing of Java applications
· Experience with test driven development
· Design and development experience using microservices will be an added advantage.
· Experience designing and building CI/CD pipelines (2+ years).
· 2+ years of experience working in the DevOps landscape with applications in a 24x7x365 environment with no down time.
· Knowledgeable in common SCM practices, such as branching and code merges
· Knowledge of Monitoring and Logging solutions for ensuring high availability of complex systems
· Ability to work within a Team with strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
· Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
· Experience working within an Agile team as Software Engineer (2+ years)
· Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
YOU MUST HAVE
Understanding various software development lifecycle
Some relevant experience
Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
Location:Lot 115 (P),Nanakramguda Village,, Serilinganpally Madndal, RR District, Hyderabad, TELANGANA STATE 500019 IND
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.