Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Quality Supervisor - Receiving Inspection provides team leadership, guidance, and support in the performance of quality and production execution, specifically purchased product inspection within the Receiving Inspection department of NSC Quality Operations. This position Develops and trains employees in product inspection and conformance to specifications, and coordinates inspection schedules to meet production priorities.
More than one position may be filled through this job posting. Candidates who present more experience/credentials may be considered for higher-level job classification, Sr. Supervisor Quality, if business requirements warrant.
Summary of Duties:
• Supervises the activities of employees by providing work assignments, performance expectations and feedback on a regular basis. Assures that quality work is performed in an efficient manner. Performs other administrative duties required for normal functions of the group and management of workload and resources to support engineering projects. Provides leadership in the implementation of the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) methodology.
• Ensures conformance to terms of the collective bargaining agreement where applicable.
• Interfaces effectively with DOE, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Engineering and other support organizations.
• Evaluates methods of inspection and suggests necessary improvements in coordination with Quality and Product Engineering.
• Identifies equipment needs and prepares budget forecasts.
• Prepares metric data/reports for management reviews and recommends improvement of processes which affect the cycle time and quality of operations.
• Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
• May perform other duties as required.
• Must be able to work any shift.
• Quality Supervisor - Receiving Inspection position requires one or more years' experience in Quality, manufacturing, ISC, or Engineering function. To be considered for Sr. Quality Supervisor - Receiving Inspection job classification, must have a minimum of one year Honeywell FM&T Purchased Product Quality Supervision experience, or a minimum of two years’ experience in Honeywell FM&T Quality Engineering Role.
20 Supervises the activities of employees
20 Assures that quality work is performed in an efficient manner.
20 Performs other managerial responsibilities
20 Prepares metric data/reports
20 May perform other duties as required.
You Must Have
• US Citizenship required to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q”-level security
clearance, due to security clearance requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
• KCNSC Purchased Product experience.
• Previous experience in a Quality related assignment.
• Ability to lead and motivate in a diverse work environment.
• Working knowledge of production planning methods, manufacturing and quality operations, including estimating and scheduling is preferred.
• Established and working knowledge of current quality assurance/quality inspection processes
• Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
• Familiarity with Material Resource Planning (MRP) applications.
• Familiar with principles of the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) or Lean Principles; Six
Sigma certification(s) preferred.
• Experience identifying and acting on continuous improvement initiatives.
• Understanding of team building and group dynamics including conflict resolution and problem
• Demonstrated reading, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills necessary to train, organize,
and facilitate teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.