Specialist Senior Engineering Technical
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Conducts tests, equipment setup, equipment operations, experiments, and monitoring and measuring; gathers data; builds prototypes/units and testing equipment; maintains and calibrates standards and equipment; and devises new testing methods. Drafts procedures and records laboratory notes and other pertinent details. Provides technical direction and training to other technologists. Works in accordance with general objectives, improving and refining devices and methods, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes setup of testing and mechanical support equipment, monitoring and measuring instruments and other apparatus and performs a wide variety of testing of materials, such as breadboard circuitry, prototype units and production units, production units and electronic circuitry.
- Includes programming equipment to different simulations in outdoor environments and the mechanical support, testing/operation of special equipment in field support activities. Support consists of both technical bench and field set-up / deployment / retrieval and repairs with travel to remote site areas as required.
- Builds prototypes/develop units for testing and experimentation, and makes samples for further analysis.
- Conducts tests and experiments with new materials, equipment, and processes to develop data for specification call-out or to determine suitability of a material for particular applications.
- Gathers and evaluates data for validity, accuracy and completeness.
- Locates and corrects malfunctions in product and testing equipment.
- Performs post-mortem analyses to determine exact reasons for failure.
- Drafts calibrating and operating procedures based upon comprehensive knowledge of product and testing equipment.
- Makes sketches and marks up drawings as needed to show changes as they occur.
- Maintains appropriate primary and secondary metrology standards, test laboratory equipment or control consoles and associated monitoring, measuring and recording instruments; and calibrates equipment, instruments, electrical/electronic standards and standards of mass, force, dimension and other phenomena during or after maintenance, and on regularly scheduled calibration dates.
- Records laboratory notes and other details, as specified by engineering personnel.
- Supports activities identified by Management/Engineering to maintain equipment in a reliable efficient manner.
- Works with engineering to establish test techniques for new product during development and to resolve product or equipment problems, and may install, characterize and/or design equipment.
- Improves and refines existing fixtures, devices, methods, process steps or procedures, implementing changes as necessary. Uses equipment, techniques and tools needed for task completion.
- May provide technical direction and training to other technologists and hourly employees to include task or project lead duties.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Limited travel may be required (< 5%).
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
40 Interacting with project teams
20 Supporting product testing
20 Drafting and schematic support
20 Other duties as assigned
YOU MUST HAVE
- 2 years' experience as an Engineering Technician or Engineering Specialist
- Associate's Degree in engineering or technical discipline or 2 years' formal military training in technical discipline.
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical engineering technician experience.
- Experience with Continuity/Isolation testing.
- Experience reviewing schematics.
- Proficiency with simple mathematical computations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High-energy, results-oriented.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req179304
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.