Systems Administrator (Storage/Backup)
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for expertise inenterprise classstorage design, configuration, installation, security and ongoing support
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery strategies to existing platforms based on current process and procedures
- Install, configure, and maintain high availability of the environment
- Perform capacity planning of storage and backup solutions and provide recommendations to management to sustain forecasted business growth needs
- Implement and maintain disaster recovery methodologies and create documentation that follows industry best practices
- Proactively identify opportunities to implement automation and monitoring solutions
- Collaborate with technical peers at Honeywell Corporate and other sites within NSE in support of NNSA Mission
- Ability to perform analysis of competing technologies and products.
- Work closely and escalate issues directly with vendors to ensure that supporting operating systems are compliant with applications, including required patch levels,hot fixes, and revisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may occasionally require weekend/evening work as business necessity demands.
Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Take actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition, or action, is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Support IT Operations
10 Project team collaboration
10 Knowledge share and development
55 Storage and backup infrastructure administration
5 Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy “Q” -level security clearance.
- Associate's degree in the field of Information Systems or Computer Science related discipline
- Three (3) or more years' professional experience in a systems or storage engineer role, to include at leastone year of experience primarily working with enterprise backup and recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred
- Storage, Linux, and ITIL Certifications desired
- Experience with EMC, Veritas, & VMware product offerings
- Advanced knowledge of specific operating systems (Linux), servers, scripting
- Demonstrated experience supportingHigh PerformanceComputing platforms
- Effective communication skills to partner closely with other technology lanes.
- Ability to develop and communicate a technical vision that is easily understood by all levels of management.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req180561
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.