Welding Process Engineer II
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Summary of Duties:
- Develops and generates processes, software code, and written procedures to produce welds to specification and related requirements.
- Provides support and training to manufacturing departments to ensure processes and equipment are available to meet schedules.
- Provides equipment operation and process training to equipment operators and others. Executes tasks to identify, develop, and implement process and equipment changes to practice continuous improvement.
- Works with design agency counterparts, peers, product and process customers, and manufacturing personnel and their leadership to meet production schedules.
- Executes and supports development and surveillance projects and other activities to assure FM&T stays current with welding equipment and process technology.
- Provides services to ad hoc metal joining needs for special projects. Executes all responsibilities to assure that processes are safe and compliant to applicable regulations.
- Assumes ownership of processing equipment to coordinate and assure effective maintenance and repair practices.
- Gives formal and informal presentations to update stakeholders on status of key activities, and utilizes project management practices and organizational skills to effectively manage these activities.
- Performs all activities consistent with complex electronic configuration management and manufacturing execution system requirements.
- Works with nonexempt staff to ensure written work directions are generated and available in the manufacturing execution system.
- Directs nonexempt and other staff to perform development and analytical tasks in support of development and troubleshooting activities.
- Uses Six Sigma and statistical tools and techniques as appropriate to characterize and improve processes.
- Manages projects to milestones, deliverables, and budgets.
- Utilizes technical writing and presentation skills to efficiently develop and deliver written reports and project presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition, or action, is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafeconditions or actions are identified.
20 Interacting with Development Teams
20 Process Development & Experimentation
20 Writing Reports
20 Factory Support (operators, equipment)
20 Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- US citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Materials Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from ABET-accredited program/institution.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in a welding process related engineering role.
- Relevant experience performing metal joining engineering or similar chem-met processing.
- Demonstrated project management, continuous improvement, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Metal joining experience on stainless steels for high precision devices and/or pressure vessels using laser, gas tungsten (GTAW), arc, resistance upset, brazing, and/or electron beam welding (EBM).
- Ability to analyze routine to moderately complex engineering designs and specifications to achieve efficient and reliable manufacturing or acceptance processes
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit complex engineering and process equipment software.
- Experience with fixture design, process routings, new equipment installation & startup.
- Experience with SPC techniques and software.
- Working knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab.
- Advanced technical degree from ABET-accredited institution.
- Six Sigma/Lean certification.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements. Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req180873
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.