Engineering Team Leader
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is a global leader in designing and creating high-purity, high-quality performance chemicals and materials and software-based systems to safely and efficiently operate complex industrial facilities.
Our UOP and Process Solutions provide customers with a fully integrated solution to de-risk and accelerate projects that increase safety, start-up facilities sooner and operate at peak performance.
To provide an efficient and effective Engineering support service to the manufacturing operation to ensure optimum processes produce high quality product at the lowest cost. Proactive involvement with the deployment of HOS management system, compliant with the 7 Cardinal rules and an alignment with the 8 behaviors.
- “Day to Day” management of engineering team.
- Delegation of engineering resources to support
- New product introductions
- Effective engineering project management
- Manufacturing Improvement projects driven by Kaizen initiatives
- Proactive resolution of Customer complaints and corrective actions.
- Attend and participate in Tier review meetings
- Prepare,review and update HSE risk assessments for engineering activities
- Input of manufacturing operations to the MRP system ( SAP)
- SOS (Work instructions) to support production operations
- Cost reduction programmes
- Implement effective & economic manufacturing methods to deliver “High quality right first time every time”
- Identify improvements in processes to reduce costs
- Optimise process/factory layouts to improve product flows
- Prepare specifications for Tooling and Equipment.
- Prepare Financial Justifications and Business Cases to support procurement of equipment.
- Ensure that any new equipment performs to expected levels typical success factors will be uptime- yield
- Ensure that equipment complies with current health & safety & has minimal environmental impact.
- Monitor and input to department budgets and control (within practical limitations)
- Raise purchase request for expense requirements (incidental & annual cover orders)
- Ensure that Contractors brought on site are controlled using the sub-contractor control procedures.
- Monitor timekeeping and attendance using the TMS attendance system including the completion of self certification forms for submission to HR operations including return to work processes and any resulting capability hearings
- Reporting accidents and near miss incidents
- Ensure High standards of housekeeping are maintained in all the Engineering Office and work shop area’s in line with 5S strategies
- Conduct Team briefings and cascade monthly management information to department staff
- Participate in daily Tier reviews
- Plan and Conduct personnel performance appraisals for all Engineers including agreement and setting of smart objectives and goals,using the HPD system.
- Carry out disciplinary interviews as and when required.
- Proactive involvement of management projects as and when required to deliver savings and benefits to the business.
- Proactive involvement in weekly Gemba acitivities
Drive self and staff to identify 1 kaizen and 1 Safety observation per head /per month
25 People management
25 Lead improvement teams
25 Project planning
25 Cost improvement analysis
Personal Qualities & Skills
- Good Communicator
- Computer literate
- Good people management skills associated with internal and external professionals
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Strong Engineering background (Essential)
- Degree or HNC level in manufacturing/engineering (Essential)
- Project management – on time within costs
- Low level outstanding ECN’s
- Balanced Engineering workloads
- Robust Manufacturing processes
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req176335
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 130 Camford Way, Unit 1, Luton, BEDS LU3 3AN GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.