Principal Mechanical Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Mechanical Systems Controls Centre of Excellence (MSC), part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit, carries out Electronic Controls design and development projects for Air & Thermal System (A&TS) applications on domestic, U.S. and International aircraft development projects. Major customers include Boeing and Airbus. Honeywell is looking for a Principal Engineer, preferably with mechanical housing design experience, who will provide overall technical leadership to the sensors team from project planning through to product certification. The Sensors team is responsible for the design & development
of temperature, flow and pressure sensors for A&TS electronic controls for commercial transport and business aviation as well as military fighters and transport aircraft. The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program site. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
- Provide overall Sensors technical leadership, direction and oversight within the team, the COE and with customers throughout the product development and support life cycle
- Overall technical coordination within the engineering functions supporting sensor development to ensure that all customer requirements are met
- Lead and manage all aspects of the sensor design and development activities throughout the product life cycle including scope, schedule, cost, technical, resource, process adherence and risk management
- Perform sensor housing design to meet severe environmental requirements such as high levels of vibration andtemperature.
- Accountable for product design quality including review and approval of design documents and reports
- Ensure cost-efficient structure and consistency in the product development and application process
- Lead proposal and problem resolution activities including technical aspects and cost estimates
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects/activities with shared resources, providing regular status reporting
Technology planning and Sensor product roadmap, strategic plan and application database owner
20 Technical Leadership
20 Project Management
20 Documentation and Reporting
20 Coordination and Collaboration
20 Design Analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- PEO Eligibility
- Minimum 8 years engineering experience in product/sensor development in Aerospace or similar environment
- Minimum 2 years leading an engineering team
- Metal packaging / housing design experience
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design, analysis tools and experience with GD&T
- Ability to perform thermal and/or structural analysis is a definite asset
- Strong problem solving skills / experience with root cause and corrective action process
- Understanding of Temperature, Pressure, Flow Sensors and their use in aircraft electronic systems an asset
- Solid understanding of, and experience in aircraft systems and/or components
- Air and Thermal Systems knowledge a strong asset
- Previous experience in fluid mechanics or flow sensors is a definite asset
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams, proposal activities and estimation, program planning/scheduling
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-160 and/or MIL-STD-202 environmental qualification requirements
- Program management knowledge including earned value reporting, and experience with computer-based scheduling and reporting tools is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to Design for manufacturability/testability, Design to Cost, Design for Six Sigma
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req189627
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3333 Unity Drive, Mississauga, ON L5L 3S6 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.