The Product Stewardship Specialist provides expert product stewardship guidance and leadership to businesses and technology developers regarding compliance with US chemicals regulations in the areas of existing and new chemicals registration, food, drug and device regulation and product safety. The Product Stewardship Specialist is a key team member of the regional Product Stewardship Americas team, driving sustainable growth. As such, the Product Stewardship Specialist must possess relevant chemistry education and technical skills and demonstrate the business acumen needed to support critical businesses.
•Develops and implements programs to achieve full compliance with chemicals registration and notification regulations in the region, including developing sound working relationships with service providers.
•Expert knowledge about regional regulations and industry standards
•Anticipate, communicate, and manage regulatory changes with respect to existing regulations that may impact existing product lines and benefit new product introduction.
•Work with regional counterparts to manage emerging issue identification process.
•Provide guidance to business and implement appropriate compliance plans
•Identify and manage risks early in the product life cycle. Understand potential product use and misuse (occupational, consumer, etc.) and work across the function to complete appropriate risk assessments.
•Work with the businesses to develop and manufacture products that can be made, used and disposed of safely.MUST HAVE:
• BS degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental health science, or related technical discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Stewardship.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with US EPA and FDA product registration and notification schemes.
• Advanced Science degree (MSc)
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards such as ISO, OECD Guidelines, and various UN Frameworks and Guidelines
• Ability to develop professional relationships with local Regulatory Authorities, local customers and other local stakeholders, incl. industry associations.
• Willingness and ability to work effectively in a large multi-national matrix organization. Travel as needed.
• Excellent leadership, project management and communication skills, with a proven track record of achieving extraordinary results.
• Work to the highest levels of integrity
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.