Program Management Leader
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The need to accelerate the development and launch of new Fire Systems offerings is driving increasing collaboration between different disciplines, functions and businesses. To address that need, the project management function drives end-to-end new product introductions (NPI/NPE), sustaining projects, and continuous process improvements across the organization to maximize revenue potential and deliver a differentiated internal and external customer experience. This role requires working with all levels of the organization including interactions with multiple internal and external business units and functional departments to execute the company’s Fire Systems strategic plan.
The Fire Systems Program Management Leader is mainly responsible for:
- Directing all phases of projects/programs from inception through to market launch.
- Executing the NPI to meet all project/program objectives including cost, schedule, quality and scope targets.
- Be the point of contact for the managed project portfolio with respect to aspects such as escalations, status reporting, resource management and project data stewardship.Develop and communicate performance metrics for project execution across the managed project portfolio.
- Coordinate the preparation of NPI artifacts for the entire project/program, including proposals, plans, requirements, concepts, budgets, business models, financial analysis, and value propositions.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to project/program plans and schedules; identifies and solves scheduling challenges; and optimizes schedules where required.
- Lead resource analysis and forecasting by project for all cross-functional resources including marketing, engineering, sourcing, etc.
- Identify potential risks and issues; develop mitigations, contingency plans, and recommendations to management; and raises escalations as required.
- Co-ordinate the entire supply-chain from suppliers to customer, through to the start of production.
- Interact frequently with internal and external stakeholders – regularly reflecting on lessons learned and root cause analysis to drive process improvements, increase stakeholder satisfaction, and to drive business outcomes.
- Facilitate the assessment of new offering opportunities, consolidating technical, resource, cost, and planning considerations for the project/program implementation.
- Coordinate customer interactions for project activities, including concept testing and customer validation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to effectively identify and resolve strategic issues related to respective project/programs and take ownership for driving these issues to closure.
- Contribute and manage certain aspects of the Fire Systems portfolio MOS, STRAP, AOP, and roadmaps; in alignment with the Global Fire organization.
Manage a team of project managers that are responsible for the projects within the Fire Systems portfolio.
25 Directing all phases of projects/programs from inception through to market launch
25 Executing the NPI to meet all project/program objectives including cost, schedule, quality and scope
25 Be the point of contact for the managed project portfolio
25 Develop and communicate performance metrics for project execution across the managed project
You Must Have
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Project Management
- Strong project management experience with the majority in a product development environment
- Experience in managing complex projects or multiple projects combined into a program with demonstrated success
- Experience leading cross-functional and distributed teams (Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Quality, Finance and Operations)
- Experience in leading projects/programs utilizing an agile product development process such as Scrum and/or SAFe
- Experience managing a team of project managers
- An understanding of multi-disciplinary product development including software, electronics and mechanical aspects will be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to drive organizational and process change
- Ready for occasional travel (<10%)
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred
- Masters degree preferred
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD50225
- Category: Engineering
- Location: One Firelite Pl, Northford, CT 06472 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.