The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, inspection, and repair of pumps, motors, compressors,
conveyers and structural steel while following preventive maintenance and mechanical integrity
Responsible for repair, alignment and adjustments of moving parts (Laser Alignment for
pumps/motors) equipment lubrication on a PM basis.
Responsible for troubleshooting equipment and rebuilding pumps and seals. Also repairing and replacing valves, and associated piping, welding and fabricating of structural steel and conveyer parts.
Assist other technicians and crafts in installations and maintenance activity's including working well with other plant personnel in order to maintain and repair plant equipment.
Performs timely maintenance checks and preventive maintenance. (Process Safety Management experience a plus)
Job will require some weekend and night call outs, heavy lifting and walking long distances.
Experience in reading and interpreting pipe drawings and P&IDs.
Trade school with minimum 4 years' experience is preferred.
Should be able to Perform Quality control inspections on all third-party contractors preforming the same duties. 9. Monitoring contract personnel and work performed by others in terminal areas to be conducted in a safe manner.
Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Work independently with a minimum amount of direct supervision on routine duties.
Receives direction from Maintenance supervisor on non-routine tasks.
Directs unusual problems or discrepancies to supervisor.
Applies standard procedures and follows plant codes, and able to operates a variety of equipment.
Position requires a high level of close mental and visual attention.
Millwright personnel must have mechanical aptitude; knowledge of product flows, and troubleshooting skills The Machinist duties include, but are not limited to:
Working safely and helping colleagues work safely.
Complying with all Honeywell policies and procedures.
Follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to performing work tasks for the day.
• Knowledge of equipment manufacturer's specifications. Deciphers sketches, blueprints, and engineering details.
• Be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
• Software knowledge of SAP.
• Good math skills, familiarity with use of statistical control charts, operating and maintenance instructions, reading and interpreting maintenance procedure manuals, ability to operate computer as needed to input and retrieve information.
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills. Utilizes knowledge of fundamental mechanical maintenance, piping, welding, millwright, painting, lubrication, pneumatics, rigging, alignment, and fabrication skills to perform assignments.
• 2-year Technical degree preferred but not required.
• Candidates with a demonstrated precision maintenance skill including laser alignment, torque spec utilization, ability to accurately utilize precision measuring tools preferred.
• Experience with rotating equipment including pumps, gearboxes, agitators, conveyors, mechanical seals, etc.
• Experience with stationary equipment including tanks, pressure vessels, process piping, etc.
• Familiar with general equipment lubrication requirements.
Follows all routers and machining procedures Machine parts using manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses.
Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each machining process.
Ability to hold tolerances within .0005" Inspect parts using micrometers, gages, etc.
Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous improvement of the facility Coordinate with sales, operations, engineers, and customers as necessary.
Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision-making, problem solving, and continuous improvements. Ability to machine a variety of metals such as 300 and 400 series stainless steels,Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
Stands and walks up to 75% of shift in all weather conditions.
Climbs vertical ladders to top of tanks to repair lighting, instruments, etc. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, turning/ twisting, bending-at-the-waist motions, and eye-hand coordination skills utilized frequently.
Uses foot hand eye coordination when operating forklift, golf cart, or pickup truck.
Communicates verbally, with hand signals, two-way radio, with drivers, work groups, and by phone with supervisors. Normal vision and hearing used for communication, safety, and paperwork completion.
Hard hat, safety glasses with side shields, face shield, long sleeves, and steel-toed boots worn outside office; rubber steel-toed boots, and appropriate protective clothing, chemical splash goggles, gloves, hearing protection, and respirator worn as needed.
YOU MUST HAVE
High School Diploma
5 years of experience as an Industrial Mechanic
5 years of experience in Industrial are Manufacturing Environment
Valid driver’s license
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.