Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
At Honeywell we are driven to create teams with a mix of styles, thinking and people – because we know that keeps us at the cutting edge of innovation.
Our employees collaborate to turn bright ideas into real life solutions that positively affect the world in which we live. Using innovative technologies that make our world cleaner and more sustainable, secure, connected, energy efficient and productive, Honeywell is committed to delivering big results in everything we make and do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Pacific Senior ICT Systems Engineer to join the Honeywell Building Solutions team.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and contributing to the designing, engineering, configuring, implementing, commissioning and supporting of ICT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network), Connected Services e.g. Outcome Based Service, Vector Occupant App and Pulse for Connected Buildings and Enterprise Applications (Honeywell Software: EBI, DVM, EM) at both new and existing client sites across the region.
Key Areas of Responsibility include;
· Provide best of class engineering practices, designs, and technical support to locality Project & Service teams across the Pacific region.
· Engineer high level designs using the best of breed technology to support Honeywell systems, including Virtualisation Architecture, Storage Architecture and Network Architecture.
· Work with the various localities to undertake capability reviews, ensure new Projects and existing Service contracts have the appropriately skilled resources to deliver on Honeywell ICT obligations.
· Providing consulting advice/be escalation point for various teams on an ad-hoc basis.
· Review all ICT server/storage/network designs across the Pacific region, including reviewing and validating designs and bill of quantities from 3rdParty Vendors e.g. Dell, HP, IBM, etc.
· Contribute to Technical Risk Reviews (TRR) for Projects across the region that involve ICT/Networking/Cyber Security.
· Be an active contributor to the Global ICT & Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CoE), and work to promote excellence and standardisation in your respective region.
· Host Monthly Pacific ICT and Integration calls to drive knowledge sharing and standardisation across the Pacific business.
· Develop and mentor junior/graduate ICT resources in the business.
· Develop/maintain regional ICT training curriculum and deliver based on business objectives.
· Identify and drive technology adoption/improvements across the business
This role will suit a highly-motivated person who enjoys working to the top-most standards, in a fast-paced technical environment with a lot of variety.
Honeywell offers an inclusive, flexible and supportive culture, with merit based pay for performance, along with ongoing training and development opportunities for those that have the desire to succeed.
We work hard to make the world a better place. With the support of a global organisation and a culture of teamwork and camaraderie that is second to none, Honeywell employees can navigate their way around the world and progress from career to career within the same dynamic company. Our employees are encouraged to be visionaries and they achieve great things to build a team of results-oriented individuals, then empower them to make the world a better place.
Where will your vision lead you?
Honeywell Building Solutions delivers integrated technology solutions that help our customers become safer, more secure, productive, energy efficient and competitive, whilst improving comfort conditions and compliance with new legislation. We have built a global reputation for delivering competitive advantage to our customers through design, implementation and support of cost-effective solutions that are aligned with business processes, objectives and outcomes, coupled with an absolute focus on customer satisfaction. For more than 60 years, HBS has delivered solutions to business, industry, and consumers in the Pacific region. As an affiliate of Honeywell International Inc., we are part of a highly diversified global technology and manufacturing company represented in 95 countries with offices in New Zealand, and in every state and territory in Australia.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce.
30 requirements analysis
30 systems design
15 model based development system design
15 systems integration
10 budget/schedule responsibility
Education, Qualifications and Experience;
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.