The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell is not just about developing cool things. That is why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems for avionics products within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be integral in creating mechanical solutions for Radar Product Team that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will have ownership for mechanical system at every aspect of the life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life. You will work across disciplines within the Electronic Systems business to drive growth and reach critical business milestones.Key Responsibilities
· Oversee mechanical development of every Radar project
· Lead mechanical design of Radar controller, antenna and other components
· Work with GBE and CBT to develop product roadmap and strategic planning
· Quick response to field issue investigation and flight test issue investigation
· Provide technical support for obsolescence investigation, application support and factory support
· Guide the development process and create artifacts that meet FAA/EASA requirements
· Represent Honeywell in interaction with customers
· Drawing interpretation, drawing manual interpretation and application
· Industry spec interpretation and application
· CAD based modeling
· Engineering analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 15+ years of mechanical design engineering experience
· 10+ years of experience as a mechanical lead
· Expert knowledge of Radar products and development lifecycle
· Master of Engineering preferred
· Experience with product certification guided by FAA/EASA requirements, DO-160, DO-178 and DO-245 process compliance
· Experience with Airbus and Boeing requirements and development processes
· Experience with hardware and system design, test and troubleshooting.
· Experience in a highly regulated and safety critical domain
· Advanced knowledge of mechanical industry
· Experience leading diverse and global team
· Demonstrated strong communication, relationship and team building skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.