Enterprise Application Developer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Enterprise Application Developer will be a part of a team creating new solutions for a new market, developing software applications for mobile devices. The candidate should be a strong team player willing to take on different team roles and responsibilities, and who is a quick learner. The candidate will be part of all aspects and phases of development, interacting with customers, including requirements gathering and definition, design, development, system integration, and test.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and supporting applications for Honeywell’s Enterprise software platform
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test and release
- Working directly with developers, testers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the enterprise and mobile technologies
Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
25 Software architecture and coding
25 Customer Support
25 Analytical skills & software development skills
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience developing applications and programs in one or more of the following disciplines
- Enterprise Java
- Java (Spring, Spring Boot)
- One or more of the following programming languages
- C, C++
- NodeJS / Angular / React
- Experience with databases
- Relational (SQL)
- Experience with scripting languages
- Strong OO design and programming skills
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development (SDLC)
- Preference given for:
- Experiencewith continuous integration and delivery tools/practices (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Chef, Docker, VMware, Hyper-V, Kubernetes / Open Shift)
- Experience with source control and bug tracking tools (e.g., JIRA, Git)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS)
- Experience with software security and understanding of basic cryptography
- Agile development experience (Scrum)
- Experience with MongoDB
- IoT Experience
- Mobile native development
- Cross-platform development
- Android development
- iOS development
- WinRT development
- Prior experience building RESTful API’s to connect Android applications to backend services
- Fundamental experience working with the Android SDK including Activities, Fragments, Intents, Layouts, etc.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to adapt to change with ease
- Multi-tasking andhas the ability tomanage a variety of complicated tasks
- An understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving
- Ability to travel per business needs
Exempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD47819
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 703 Rodi Road, East Park Two, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15235 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.