This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with a solid background in Software Quality Assurance to be part of a dynamic development team providing customer solutions in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of customer experience testing to assess the System/solution can support day-to-day business and use scenarios from the perspective of a customer. The candidate may also be required to define and/or develop test software and scripts to perform these tests.
The position requires the candidate to interface cross-functionally with other departments. The position requires effective communication skills (especially written) and good problem solving skills. The position requires the candidate to be results oriented with the resolve for a high degree of quality. Some travel may be required
· Oversee all aspects of software quality engineering for a given project including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, mitigating open software quality risks prior to launch and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
· Participate in all phases of the software quality engineering lifecycle including maintaining and improving the quality of software releases and reducing overall software qualification cycle time
· Ensure proper execution of test procedures and automated test suites and scripts against requirements with evidence that a solution works for the user
· Collaborate with software development and product management to analyze product requirements and support/develop effectual customer experience plan
· Support user-experience based test trials focusing on end-user experience
· Drive corrective actions to improve software development processes
YOU MUST HAVE
· BS or MS degree in a technical discipline. Extensive work history and experience will be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
· Experience with Android, Windows Phone 8, or iOS mobile platform testing a plus.
· 5 years’ professional experience that includes a background in software quality assurance, development and/or hands-on experience installing and troubleshooting complex solution
· Experience testing software components in a cloud computing environment (AWS, Azure or similar cloud computing platform) – 1 year
· Design and implement performance, scalability, and reliability on cloud platforms
· Knowledge of Cloud Container technology (Kubernetes, Docker)
· Experience with testing database technology (SQL / NoSQL)
· Understanding of APIs and XML, JSON
· Understanding Security, TLS
· Experience with HTML5, React framework
· Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development techniques.
· Experience with validating mobile platforms including Android and Microsoft Windows Embedded products/solutions and mobile applications
· Knowledge of Agile Software Development processes
· Implementing software engineering methodologies or process improvement initiatives
· Experience developing software quality/test plans and ensuring execution against those plans
· Experience with voice solution products or related technologies are a plus.
· Strong engineering competence, including the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
· Strong organizational skills - Ability to organize, analyze and execute several concurrent tasks and activities
· Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to establish rapport and communicate with people at all levels of an organization
· Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
· Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.