Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
We are seeking an intelligent and motivated Senior Electrical Design engineer.This position will be a key contributor to the electrical PBA design group, part of the Aerospace Electronic Hardware design organization. The individual will become involved in all technical aspects of electrical design and development activities. Responsibilitiesinclude: requirement generation, architecture definition, detailed circuit design, laboratory checkout, integration testing and debugging, hardware validation and verification support in accordance to design standards such as DO-160 and DO-254.
There will also be occasional sustaining engineering and production support efforts associated with this position. The selected candidate will participate in engineering trade studies, hardware requirements analysis and derivation, conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, circuit analysis, and design verification testing.
Plan and execute project tasks
30 Assist product and process certification
30 Ensure project and product compliance
10 Present to leadership and external customers
Additional responsibilities will include:
· Interact with other functional organizations across multiple locations and assist to resolve day-to-day issues.
· Bachelor (Master preferred)of Science in Aerospace, or Hardware engineering, e.g., Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 5 years working experience.
· Experience with high speed digital circuits and system design, including micro-processors, MCU/ARM/DSP, and PowerPC.
· Familiar with bus standards such as Ethernet, USB, RS232/485/422, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIexpress and SerDes etc.
· Familiar with memory chips such as DDRx SDRAM, NAND Flash, NOR Flash, etc.
· Strong knowledge and hands-on experiencewith EDA tools, including PSPICE, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Expedition, CES, Hyperlynx, etc.
· Knowledge of multi-layer PCB layout best practices
· Experience in circuit analysis and simulation (e.g. timing analysis, power-ground analysis, power integrity analysis, signal integrity analysis, worse case and Monte Carlo analysis, FMEA (Failure modes and effects analysis).
· Ability to use general test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
· Strong team participation, learning and troubleshooting skills.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.