Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Cyber Security Specialist is responsible for providing remote and onsite cyber security & network services associated with solutions across the Region. Services provided include remote and on-site consulting, troubleshooting, network designs, security control implementation, cyber security assessments, security hardening and other related tasks as identified.
This role will form part of a growing global ICT advanced solutions team responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining complex and critical ICT infrastructure and systems as part of larger business solutions. This includes remote services, large servers/storage/virtualisation deployments, wired and wireless networks, and cyber security assessments/validation.
This role will suit a highly motivated person who enjoys working to the highest standards, in a fast paced technical environment with a variety of technology
• Assume support and/or lead role in assigned projects/service contracts ensuring cybersecurity/networks scope is delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
• Implement security controls and processes to protect deployed solutions, and conduct routine security audits to ensure compliance.
• Develop and maintain a password policy for deployed systems and networks within the region, and manage a secure password database.
• Set the IT security framework and maintenance practices our services teams should be working to, to ensure our customer deployed systems are kept secure.
• Keep technically current with networking and certified wireless product/systems portfolio, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated network disciplines.
• Support ICT CoE in the identification of new IT security partners, qualification and testing of equipment to form part of wider HBS led solutions.
• Maintain cyber security certifications and keep technically current with the security requirements, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated disciplines
• Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support.
• Respond to customer inquiries, questions and issues by diagnosing problems and providing the most appropriate technical solution in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide a high level of technical expertise / take ownership of the maintenance of existing complex network installations & remote services sites.
• Provide expert advice using current technical knowledge as to the procurement, configuration and implementation of the underlying network architecture and technologies for new Honeywell led systems, with the aim of ensuring supportability, expansibility and flexibility.
• Take responsibility for the preventative maintenance of existing systems (Inc. patch management, system updates), carry out audits and review of existing infrastructure and take responsibility for breakdowns/repairs.
• Develop site-specific documentation including configuration, engineering, O&M, testing and commissioning manuals and procedures.
• Have good current and up-to-date technical knowledge of Honeywell supported products.
• Ensure high availability and performance of Honeywell maintained IT services by diagnosing complex problems, tuning to improve performance, maintaining and supporting the underlying
infrastructure, monitoring of network and system intrusions, provision of switch and router configuration management, including liaison with Project Team, Honeywell Support, and ICT hardware and software vendors where advanced diagnosis is required.
• Take responsibility for the identification and implementation of new system updates and firmware to ensure the integrity and stability of the existing systems including implementation plan, change management plan and rollback plans required to support the process.
• Protect the integrity of the Honeywell implemented software, server and network infrastructure and services by managing access, monitoring global ICT security news and technological developments, and acting on these using vendor advice and current technical knowledge.
• Enforce best practice procedures for change management, software upgrades and for the implementation of any new Honeywell product features or versions.
• Contribute to the development of project plans, schedules, and design/configuration documentation.
• Bachelor in Information Technology / Systems or Computer Science
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or similar (preferred)
• Certification and/or Training in relevant ICT industry technologies such as MCSA/MCSE (Microsoft), CCNA/CCNP/CCDP/CCIE (Cisco), VCP (VMware), CA (Citrix) or similar.
• 5-10 years experience in Cyber Security / Network Engineering or equivalent capacity.
• Experience in performing security audits/assessments, design/implementation/hardening networks.
• Knowledge of appropriate security industry regulations and standards such as ISA-99/ISA-62443 , NERC CIP and ISO/IEC 27001.
• Experience with security scanners: nmap, Nessus and other open source tools.
• Possess sound knowledge of Cisco Networking Switches & Firewall Devices.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex network and or application or system integration issues.
• Current and demonstrated knowledge, and experiencing in deploying and maintain secure systems and networks.
• Experience with LAN/WAN security networking principles and devices including VLAN, WLAN, Frame Relay, Firewall, DMZ, VPN, IDS, IPS, ACL, switches, routers, firewalls
• Experience with TCP/IP protocols – SMTP, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SSH, SSL
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to develop innovative and creative solutions in a complex multiple systems environment.
• Experience in the implementation and maintenance of Building Solutions Software.
• Understanding of building support systems such as BMS, Security and CCTV.
• Experience in implementing IT solutions and working with vendors in a construction project environment.
• Experience with Anti-Virus, DNS, WSUS, Terminal Services and Active Directory
• Experience in the implementation of ITIL practices, continuous improvement and client focused service delivery standards and methodologies in large and complex organisations.
• Excellent effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, along with proven ability to interact professionally with clients.
• Self-motivated, ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, determine own work priorities, work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent technical writing skills.
• Excellent knowledge of IP network technologies (switch, router, firewall) and solutions, and proficient with IP addressing and allocation
• Basic network fault finding capability
• Knowledge of system monitoring toolsets highly desirable.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment.
Location:17 Changi Business Park Central 1, U01-01/09, #02-01/09, #03-01/09, #04-01/09 & #05-01/05, Singapore, SINGAPORE 486073 SGP
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.