Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) is Honeywell’s organizational link between Integrated Supply Chain and the product development functions of Engineering, Program Management, and the Strategic Business Units. AME participates in the execution of new product development programs to ensure product cost, capability, and producibility targets are achieved. Specifically, this involves evaluations of the design, the supply base, the product cost, the manufacturing factory, the manufacturing process capability, and the manufacturing yield of an end item product. The HON development process satisfies the HON Aerospace requirements for Integrated Product Delivery and Support (IPDS), Flawless Launch, and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).This internship will support and engage with the AME team providing support for the responsibilities listed.This position requires on-site presence at the HON facility located in Tucson AZ.
· Review conceptual and development designs for cost, quality, manufacturability, and yield.
·Review and update predictive equipment maintenance program for HON production cell equipment
· Interface with Suppliers on detail part designs and manufacturability issues.
· Interface with HON Production Cells to optimize Assembly and Test product flow.
· Manage Cost Take Out (CTO) efforts and risk mitigation plans.
· Predict and Manage Product Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Efforts to Aero RTY goals
. Create and update Manufacturing Work Instruction.
25 Review reject rates/reasons for Generator product line and set up Kaizen or Six Sigma project(s)
20 Review and improve predictive maintenance program for Generator product line
20 Review, modify and improve existing Manufacturing Work Instructions
20 Review the tough builds (Boeing, GA, etc) that require specialized processing, on the operator sid
15 Predict and Manage Product Roll throughput yield (RTY)
YOU MUST BE PURSUING:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or related technical degree.
· Must be US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
· Product knowledge in mechanical components.
· Ability to read engineering mechanical drawings and assess for manufacturing capability.
· Knowledge of casting and machining processes.
· Excellent computer skills with Excel, Power Point and SAP.
· Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation.
· An understanding of manufacturing techniques and their impact on costs
· Six Sigma Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean, knowledge and tool application.ck Belt, Lean, knowledge and tool application.Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.